Sunday, January 6, 2019

Ajos Sacha - Mansoa


I’ve finished the update on Ajos Sacha and uploaded it to the Tropical Plant Database.  It’s available to read  here.  Ajos sacha's new sitemap is here.

The newer research I’ve reviewed over the last few days continues to validate ajos sacha’s traditional uses for arthritis (and other kinds of pain and inflammation) and for infections.

 Over 13 studies validating ajos sacha’s antimicrobial actions (against bacteria, fungi, and viruses) have been published showing that this common shrubby rainforest vine has broad-spectrum antimicrobial actions.  Its antifungal actions are quite strong and reported to be equal to that of a leading antifungal prescription drug.  

I confirmed that ajos sacha’s antimicrobial actions also included killing a species of bacteria called a spirochete years ago.  That was when I was formulating a new product for Lyme’s Disease.  The infective factor in Lyme’s Disease is a spirochete bacteria so I needed something that could kill them.  How do you figure out which plants might kill spirochetes and be beneficial to treat Lyme’s Disease?  It’s easy. . .  just look for plants with a long history of traditional use for syphilis and start testing them.  Syphilis is also caused by a spirochete bacteria and it’s been around for centuries.   

The formula I developed for Lyme’s is called Spiro - short for spirochete. All of the ingredients in Spiro have been traditionally used for syphilis and, guess what? When we tested them, they were all active against spirochete bacteria. You can find more information on the formula I developed at the Raintree website where it was sold in capsules and an extract.  Several other manufacturers now sell the formula under their own labels, so follow the product search links on those formula pages to find them if you need them.  You can even source your own rainforest herbs and make the formula yourself if you desire… information on how to make the formula is on those pages as well.

I also used ajos sacha for a formula I developed for colds and flu.  It was called Amazon C-F and it contained  rainforest plants, including ajos sacha, that had been confirmed with antibacterial and antiviral actions (among other actions that treated the symptoms of a cold or flu).  It also was sold in capsules and a liquid extract (the extract was great for kids, since it tasted good).  One of the next blogs I’ll be uploading will be about why medicinal plants sometimes work better than antibiotics and I’ll talk more about this C-F formula. 

If I were still formulating herbal products today, I would consider using ajos sacha in an antifungal and/or anticandidal formula with its verified strong antifungal actions. 

In my travels to the Amazon, I’ve been “smudged” by ajos sacha many times. A culturally-rich Indian shaman has “magical” and spiritual plants that he uses to drive away evil spirits, and ajos sacha is one of the most highly regarded one of these. They take a handful of dried leaves and wind it up into tightly packed coil.  They then set it on fire, put it out, and wave and blow the smoke all over you.  Not only is it believed to drive away evil spirits, it’s supposed to bring good luck as well.   

 I’ve also used ajos sacha in the rainforest as a spice/condiment.  It really does have a great garlic taste and smell (after crushing or bruising the leaves) and I’ve sprinkled it liberally over various kinds of “mystery meat” I’ve been served while visiting Indian tribes in the Amazon.  Sometimes it’s best NOT to know what you’re eating!  You’ll have to just trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Leslie Taylor's New Blog

Hello! My name is Leslie Taylor and I am the founder of Raintree Nutrition, Inc ., a company that was a leader in creating a world-wid...